Frequently Asked Questions

Find the answer to commonly asked Utility questions.

What utility services does the City of Red Deer bill for?

The City of Red Deer bills for the supply and use of the Water, Wastewater and Waste Management ServicesRate details can be found here: Understanding Utility Rates.

The City does not bill for Gas or Electric services; check for options.

Can I view my utility account information online?

 Account details are available online 24/7 through MyCity, this includes:

  • Current account balances
  • View your past utility bills
  • Access transaction details
  • View reading details
  • Change your billing method
  • Apply for pre-authorized withdrawal
When is my Utility Bill due?

Bills are due on the 1st or 15th of the month, every month, dependent on location. You can expect to receive your bill approximately two weeks before that time.

How do I Apply, Move or Cancel Services?

All our forms are available online. Submit your application online at Residential and Non-Residential Online Service.

Will my account number change when I move?

Yes, you will be assigned a new account when you move locations. Each address will have its own unique Utility account number if you have multiple accounts.

How can I pay my Utility Bill?

There are a variety of ways to pay your utility bill. Visit our Payment Options page to view the full list of current options.

How do I sign up for Pre-Authorized Withdrawal (PAWS)?

Visit our Pre-Authorized Withdrawal Program (PAWS) page for full details on how to sign up. By subscribing to the PAWS program, the amount of your utility bill will be automatically deducted from your bank account each month, on the due date of the bill.

Can I make payment arrangements on my Utility Bill?

Yes, please contact us at the Utility Billing Service Centre as early as possible for payment arrangements; we are available to work with you. 

See our Overdue Accounts page for more details and support options.

Who can access my account?

Only those people named on the account are able to make inquiries and/or changes about the account. Please be sure all owners or tenants on the lease are added to the account at the time of application.

What is my Cart pick up day?

Check your pick up dates, cart details and more at our Garbage, Recycling & Organics page.

Can I submit a water meter read?

If you are moving in or out of a property you can submit your water meter reading through our online form Submit your Water Meter Reading.

If you received a Hang Tag at your property requesting a meter read, we require access to your meter to obtain the reading and view the meter. Please contact Utility Services at 403-342-8750 to book an appointment.