Bylaw Complaints and Questions

Find out who to call about Property complaints, Bylaw enforcement, parking complaints and more.

Report a Problem

Report a Problem or complaint to The City using The City's online reporting tool.

Property Complaints

Call Inspections & Licensing 403-342-8190 for complaints related to private property only Community Standards Bylaw 3669/2021 (pdf), such as:

  • Unsightly or un-kept property
  • Garbage on private property
  • Derelict vehicles or trailers parked on private property

If you would like to submit a photo along with your report, please email it to

View the Property Complaints Process Infographic (pdf) for more information.

Sidewalk Complaints

Sidewalk complaints need to be reported directly to the Police non-emergency line at 403-406-2200 or using Report a Problem.

On-street Parking Complaints

Unauthorized parked vehicles on private property, or on-street parking complaints need to be reported directly to the RCMP Non -Emergency number at 403-406-2200.

RCMP or Non-Emergency Bylaw Complaints

Call the Police non-emergency line at 403-406-2200 (24 hours) or visit the downtown RCMP office during office hours for non-urgent situations. For example:

  • Break-ins or thefts where the suspect is gone
  • Reporting a crime that happened some time ago
  • Suspicious vehicle, person or activity
  • Neighbourhood disputes including noise complaints
  • Non-urgent cases where immediate police attendance is NOT crucial
  • Questions or complaints about E-cigarettes

Animal or Wildlife Complaints

Report Graffiti

Bylaw Listing for The City of Red Deer