Service Connection

A service connection permit regulates the installation of service connection pipes from the municipal system to the property line as well as the installation of water meters. You will need  a service connection permit if you are constructing any new building.

Who can apply?

Contractors with a valid City of Red Deer business license can apply for a service connection permit. Contact Licensing at 403-342-8182, or visit our Customer Service kiosk on the main floor of City Hall between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for business license information.

Step 1: Submit your application

How do I apply?

You can apply for your permit online using MyPermits or fill out a paper application and submit it in person at the Inspections and Licensing Customer Service counter on the first floor of City Hall between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or email it to

graphic design for MyPermits
Step 2: Site inspections

What inspections will I need?

You will need a final Safety Code inspection prior to covering the connections.

You will be required to correct all deficiencies. Re-inspection fees or other penalties may apply.

How do I schedule an inspection?


Phone: 403-342-8190
In person: Main floor of City Hall, 4914 48 Avenue

City Hall is open between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Closed weekends and statutory holidays.