Registration starts Thursday, March 25 for new recreation opportunities – private swim lessons, low-intensity fitness and preschool programming. These new programs will be viewable on Look n’ Book beginning at 8:00 a.m. Thursday morning.
The City continues to review and assess the services we can safely and practically offer under the existing provincial health measures. Though no relaxations were announced on Monday, March 22 by the province, we have worked in consultation with our community health officials, and will be opening registration for a number of new options.
- New programs (private swim, preschool and sport) will open for registration Thursday, March 25 at 12:00 p.m. for sessions beginning as early as Monday, March 29
- All Activity Reservations, including the new low-intensity fitness Activity Reservations, will open for registration Thursday, March 25 at 8:00 a.m.
Private swim lessons are making a return to both the Collicutt Centre and the G.H. Dawe Community Centre. Full schedules will be available to view on Look ‘n Book on Thursday morning at 8:00 a.m., with registration beginning Thursday, March 25 at 12:00 p.m. An adult must be in the water for participants in Swim Kids 3 and under programs. As well, adults must wear masks when supporting participants in the pool.
Low intensity fitness includes activities not focused specifically on cardio, which have a low depth and rate of respiration. Masks must be worn by all customers participating in low-intensity individual and group exercise, and a three metre physical distance must be maintained at all times. Some of the low-intensity fitness options available will include:
- Individual use of fitness centre equipment such as free weights, stationary weight machines, limited cardio equipment and access to the track and stretching areas.
Program registration for Red Deer’s preschool aged children will also be available and includes:
- Sport Sampler programs
- Licensed preschool programs
The City will gradually be offering more activities in the coming weeks. Watch Look ‘n Book for additional programming such as:
- Youth sport programming for badminton, rock climbing and multi-sport options
- Group fitness for programs like Fusion, stretching, low-intensity yoga, light strength training and indoor rock climbing
In addition, Household Activity Reservations will continue to be available for $25 per one-hour reservation, and Virtual Fitness continues to provide access to live, instructor-lead classes, for $25 per month with a Virtual Fitness Pass, or single class registration for $5 per class.
Please visit your Look ‘n Book account early to be sure you have access prior to the opening of registration and to browse program and activity options at https://looknbook.reddeer.ca/.
If you’re experiencing difficulty with your Look ‘n Book account, please contact 403-309-8411 for assistance.
For more information on The City’s response to COVID-19, visit: https://www.reddeer.ca/whats-happening/covid-19/.
For more information, please contact:
Communications & Strategic Planning
The City of Red Deer