Building permit values decreased in January, despite an overall increase in the number of permits issued. 60 permits were approved in January with a combined value of $2.9 million, compared to 56 permits issued in January 2020, worth just over $60.6 million. January’s permits are down from December 2020, when 69 permits were issued with a value of $260.9 million.
Notable permits include:
- Building permit for development of flooring showroom and offices, mezzanine and warehouse at 6521 67 Street, valued at $450,000.
- Building permit for interior renovations to bank at 6794 50 Avenue, valued at $200,000.
- Building permit for detached single-family dwelling with attached garage, front veranda, and partially covered rear deck at 238 Livingston Close, valued at $172,691.
- Building permit for single family detached dwelling with attached garage, front veranda and rear uncovered deck at 27 Eaton Crescent, valued at $169,109.
- Building permit for a single family detached dwelling with front attached garage, covered veranda, uncovered deck and no basement development at 207 Lalor Drive, valued at $146,644.
|Value of building permits|
|January 2021||January 2020||January - January 2021||January - January 2020|
|Permits||Est Value||Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value|
For more information, contact:
The City of Red Deer