The Viewpoint Gallery is accepting exhibition proposals for its upcoming gallery exhibition program. Individual artists, curators or groups representing diverse artistic practices and experience levels are invited to submit proposals for art exhibitions and projects. Submission deadline for proposals: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 4:00 p.m.
This call is open to artists and curators working in any visual art media, including but not limited to: sculpture, painting, printmaking, lettering arts, ceramics, fibre arts, glass, fine craft, jewellery, digital art, mixed media, photography, film, video and performance art. Applicants must be Canadian residents.
About the gallery:
The Viewpoint Gallery is an informal exhibition space located in the lobby of the City of Red Deer Culture Services facility in downtown Red Deer. The Arts & Culture Services Section facilitates the gallery with an aim to showcase a variety of visual art forms, offer artists exhibition opportunities, and offer visitors to the gallery opportunities to engage with artists and their work. Artists may opt to offer their work for sale, and the gallery offers an honorarium to exhibitors based on CARFAC rates recommended for the type of display space.
Proposals will be considered based on the quality of work submitted, demonstrated commitment to serious practice, and how the exhibition or project meets the artists’ objectives in the development of their practice. A diversity of artists’ voices will also be a consideration in selection.
- Complete contact information: Name, address, phone number, email address, website, social media
- Artist’s statement or curator’s statement
- Artist’s or curator’s biography
- A brief description of the proposed exhibition
- 5 – 10 JPEG images of supporting artwork; each file must be named: number_lastname.jpg
(Example: 3_Picasso.jpg) and no larger than 1MB in size
- For works focused on video, sound or other media, please use a sharing platform to store your work and provide links and passwords to the files in your image list
- Image list with the following: last name, title of artwork, date completed, media, dimensions. Links and passwords to video, sound or other media support material should be included on the image list.
Please send all written materials as one PDF file, named in this format: Viewpoint2021_applicantname.pdf
Do not include your images in the PDF, send them as separate JPGs.
E-mail submissions by Wednesday, August 25, 2021 4:00 p.m. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Late and/or incomplete proposal packages will not be considered.
For more information about the gallery program or the display space, please contact the Community and Program Facilitator at email@example.com, 403-406-8820 or visit https://bit.ly/3xpUquC
For more information, contact:
The City of Red Deer