Starting on Monday, January 24, 2022, drivers in north Red Deer will notice some traffic signal additions and modifications along Taylor Drive, 77 Street and Gaetz Avenue in preparation for additional traffic along the route during a multi-year project on Highway 11A.
Work at each intersection will include intermittent lane closures and brief traffic interruptions. Signals will be fully operational at each intersection before work begins on the next intersection. Crews will make every attempt to ensure lane closures do not occur during peak traffic hours.
The following are intersections where work will take place:
- 77 Street and Keast Way
- 77 Street and Kennedy Drive/Northey Ave
- Gaetz Avenue and 80 St/Kingston Dr
- Gaetz Avenue and 78 Street
- Gaetz Avenue and 77 Street
- Taylor Drive and 77 Street
- Kentwood Drive and 77 Street
- Highway 11A/Taylor Drive and Taylor Drive/Edgar Close
Construction is tentatively scheduled to be complete by May 1, 2022. Drivers and pedestrians are reminded to obey all traffic signs and to slow down in construction zones.
For more information, please contact:
The City of Red Deer