To assist property owners throughout Red Deer with costs related to demolishing structures that are no longer occupied or viable for future investment or use, a partial rebate for demolition costs is available.
- Property owners (commercial and multi-family) can apply for a rebate for 50 per cent of the demolition costs up to $25,000.
- This program is intended to support property owners by providing a rebate for 50% of the costs to demolish vacant and/or derelict buildings up to a maximum of $25,000 per project.
- A single address may apply for multiple incentives.
- Only commercial or multi-family structures are eligible.
- To maximize the impact of available funds, extra consideration will be given to properties that are beside other properties undergoing improvements.
- Applicant must not be in arrears in municipal taxes or utilities, or any other municipal charges.
- Applicants will be required to enter into an agreement with The City of Red Deer.
- Demolition related costs, with three professional quotes supplied to The City.
The Demolition Permit fee will be waived for successful applicants.