The City of Red Deer has three independent appeal boards:
- Central Alberta Regional Assessment Review Board (RARB)
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB)
- Red Deer Appeal and Review Board (RDARB)
As well, The City of Red Deer works with Red Deer County to host the Intermunicipal Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (ISDAB).
The Appeal Boards may be contacted through the Board Clerk using the following contact information:
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- The Red Deer Appeal and Review Board
- Central Alberta Regional Assessment Review Board
This information can be found on your Property Assessment Notice. If you are unsure of the deadline please contact the Board Clerk directly.
Filing an Appeal
It is not necessary to come to file appeals in-person, we encourage you to file appeals electronically by email to the attention of the Board Clerk. Assessment Appeals: firstname.lastname@example.org / All other Appeals: email@example.com
If you prefer to submit something to us by paper:
- Use one of the two, 24-hour drop boxes located near the east and west facing entrances to City Hall, Envelopes MUST be dated on or before the deadline date. Once the deposit is made please contact the Board Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure the appeal was received.
- By mail to PO Box 5008, Red Deer AB T4N 3T4. Please make cheques payable to “The City of Red Deer”. Envelopes MUST be postmarked by Canada Post on or before the deadline date.
- In Person at City Hall – Envelopes MUST to the "Attention of the Clerk" and be dated on or before the deadline date, payments can be made in person by cash, debit card or cheque. Payment can be made at the Cashiers on the main floor, office hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Payments must be completed on or before the deadline date.
Appeal Fee Payments:
- In person payments at City Hall
- In person by cash, debit card or cheque.
- Payment can be made at the Cashiers on the main floor, 4914 - 48 Avenue (map),
- Office hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- by mail to the attention of the Board Clerk
- Box 5008, Red Deer, AB T4N 3T4
- Make cheques payable to The City of Red Deer
- Include appeal form, contact information and date submitted
- by drop box
- Online payments are not available at this time, you may also contact the Board Clerk using the contact information above to discuss payment options.
In person hearings are suspended at this time. However, the Boards may also consider virtual or written hearings.
Best Practices and Etiquette for Remote Hearing
Below are various best practices and points of etiquette that will help ensure your participation in a remote hearing is as effective as possible. They are for guidance only, and they are not exhaustive.
Find an appropriate space
- We understand that you may not have complete privacy and silence in your current environment, which may be shared living space, but please do your best to participate from a private, quiet space.
- For video conferences, please try to find a space that also has good lighting and a neutral background.
Speak slowly and clearly
- Some participants' internet connections and/or speakers might not allow them to hear others clearly. Speaking slowly and clearly will help everyone follow what you are saying.
Ensure that your phone, computer or device is plugged in or that the necessary charger is handy