Fee Assistance Program
The Fee Assistance Program offers financial support to people who are currently facing some financial challenges and want to use City-operated recreation facilities or take part in City offered Recreation, Parks or Culture programs or activities.
Pending available funding, the program provides up to $200 per year to each eligible person for City Recreation, Parks and Culture program registrations, plus access to recreation facilities.
Applying for Funding
You automatically qualify for the Recreation, Parks & Culture Fee Assistance Program if you are a Red Deer resident and one of the following applies to you:
- You are on AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped): Please bring a copy of your Health Benefits Card or direct deposit statement.
- You are on Income Support or another Alberta Works program: Please provide a copy of your letter stating the expiry date along with either their Adult/Child Benefit Card or direct deposit statement.
- You are a Red Deer Housing Authority Tenant: Please provide a copy of your most recent rent receipt.
- You are on Guaranteed Income Support: Please provide a copy of your Guaranteed Income letter or direct deposit statement.
- You have refugee status: Please provide a copy of your Protected Person Status document. For Refugee Claimants, provide a copy of your Refugee Protection Claimant document.
- You are approved for the Red Deer Public School District Fee Waiver Program: Please provide a copy of your information letter for the current school year.
- You have been referred by a Referral Agency: Please provide a confirmation number from the agency.
If you are not a recipient of any of these programs or benefits you may still qualify. Please complete a Fee Assistance Program Application (pdf) . Forms are also available at the following locations:
Collicutt Centre: 403-358-7532
G.H. Dawe Community Centre: 403-406-8600
Recreation Centre: 403-309-8428
Michener Aquatic Centre: 403-342-2853
Culture Services Centre:403-309-4091
Please be prepared to bring your most recent Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment, proof of identification, and your current contact information. You may be required to set up an appointment depending on staff availability.
Other Community Recreation Subsidy Options
Call the Red Deer KidSport chapter at 403-314-4737 to find out how you can access programs outside the realm of City Recreation & Culture. Or pick up an application at the Recreation Centre, 4501-47A Avenue or the Collicutt Centre, 3031-30 Avenue.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
The City of Red Deer is a proud partner with the Canadian Tire Jumpstart program.